When you are booking your venue you will get an idea of how much (or how little) the staff will take responsibility for managing your Day. There is also a very important style decision to be made but bear in mind that the more casual you require your day to appear the more planning beforehand is needed.
As you think of your day the following questions need to be answered….
- Who will tell the guests when to go into the ceremony room?
- Who will help the photographer get the right groups assembled for photos?
- Who will ensure that the receiving line is in place in time for guests to be greeted and sit down at the scheduled meal start time?
- Who will liaise with the venue/caterers on timing (overrunning on photograph timing is often an issue so make sure it is not someone involved in the line-ups).
- Who will announce the entry of the Bride and Groom to the meal? Who will introduce the speeches?
- Who will announce the cake cutting?
- Who announces the first dance?
- Do you want the added formality of an obvious ‘Person in Charge’?
- Do you visualise him or her dressed in a red jacket/DJ/kilt?