A handy checklist to ensure the smooth running of your wedding day timetable.
You’ll have more than enough things to think about during the lead up to your wedding day. But to ensure that your wedding day timetable goes to plan, we’ve devised the ultimate wedding day checklist, which contains everything that we feel you need to plan and think about and remember, prior to the special occasion.
A list of questions to answer to your self between two weeks and a month before your actual wedding day.
- Have you had your final wedding dress fitting? And have you bought good/supportive/comfortable wedding day underwear?
- Have you booked a florist and agreed all arrangements with them?
- Have you secured a wedding hair and beauty supplier? And have you had a trial?
- If necessary, have you booked wedding transport for the big day? And did you book enough transport for everyone in your wedding party?
- Is your wedding venue aware of your final guest numbers?
- Have you discussed all food and dietary requirements with your wedding venue?
- Have you chosen and finalised a wedding cake with a designer? If not, have you ordered a wedding cake online from your chosen retailer?
- Have you organised wedding favours for your guests?
- Have you sat down together and worked out a table plan?
- Have you added yourselves to your final wedding day numbers?
- Has your wedding been paid for in full yet? If not, when is your final balance due?
- Have you sent your venue any accessories that they might need in order to prepare your wedding reception table, such as ribbon or place cards?
- Pre-warn your wedding party that you will be delegating jobs to them during the lead up to the wedding and on the day itself.
- Have you booked your wedding day manicure/pedicure/fake tan appointments?
- Are you aware of the timing that you and your suppliers will be allowed in and out of your wedding venue on the day of your wedding?
- Have you organised a wedding guest book?
- Have you thought about names for your wedding tables?
Checklist for During your Wedding Day
You’ll be in your element, but its essential to ensure that you’ve remembered to look out for the following list of questions that relate to your wedding day.
- Do all of your wedding suppliers know the exact address and postcode of your chosen wedding venue?
- Do you have a bridal emergency kit at the ready?
- Have you broken in your wedding shoes? Are you bringing a back-up pair of shoes for the evening?
- Have you packed your over-night bag for the night of your wedding…if you are staying the night at your wedding venue?
- If you are heading straight off on your honeymoon, have you pre-packed everything you need, including your passports?
- Has someone got the wedding rings?
- If you have a pet, have you left someone responsible for them on the day of your wedding?
- If your pets are involved in your wedding day celebrations (some are!) is someone looking after them and ensuring they are taken care of?
- If you’ve got small children of your own, will someone be responsible for them throughout the day? Have you packed everything that they might need?
Post Wedding Checklist
You may be off on your honeymoon immediately after your wedding celebration, but before you dash off, make sure you’ve got the following covered…
- Have you collected any left over décor or left over wedding cake from the wedding venue?
- Have you arranged for someone to return any hired wedding attire or accessories?
- Have you settled any final payments with your wedding venue?
- Have you thanked your wedding suppliers and your wedding venue?
If you think you’ll need help when it comes to sorting out the final details of your wedding day, then why not read our article dedicated to ten jobs to delegate to your wedding party. This might put your mind at ease with so much to think about at this special time.