Ever considered hiring a wedding venue for the whole weekend rather than just a day? Read on to find out more about hosting the ultimate weekend wedding...
Your wedding day will come and go in a flash; from the excitement of getting ready in the morning to the last dance at the end of the night. Luckily you’ll have a photographer and/or videographer on hand to capture the memories on camera and film, as you may not remember every bit of your celebration. However, if you want to savour every single second of your wedding and celebrate for longer than just a day, consider browsing wedding venues in Berkshire that can accommodate you, your family and friends from Friday to Sunday.
The Benefits of Hiring a Wedding Venue for the Whole Weekend
We love the idea of browsing for Berkshire wedding venues that you can hire out for an entire weekend for a number of different reasons:
- Prolong your wedding celebration
- Give overseas guests more to look forward to
- Give yourselves more of a chance to celebrate with everyone
- Host different events throughout the weekend
- Enjoy the luxury of staying in one place
Things to Consider when Booking a Weekend Wedding
If you like the idea of hosting a weekend wedding and plan on hiring a Berkshire wedding venue, there are several things that you should consider before making a commitment...
Doubling (or tripling) the amount of time that you’ll be hiring the wedding venue out will obviously cost more than hiring a wedding venue out for just a day. Ensure you can afford your dream weekend wedding before making any financial commitments. You’ll not only have your wedding venue hire to think about when it comes to your budget – think about the catering costs, wedding attire and entertainment costs that come with when planning a wedding that lasts for an entire weekend.
Family and Friends
There’s no point in hiring out a wedding venue in Berkshire for the duration of a weekend if your family and friends aren’t able to celebrate with you the whole time. Be sure to check and make sure that you’ll have lots of people to share your wedding weekend with if you decide to go down this route.
Time of Year
Planning a weekend wedding might be hugely exciting for you, but consider your guests before making your booking. If you're planning a wedding around Christmas then your guests may have already have other commitments. Same goes for during the Easter or summer holidays. Be sure to plan well in advance and consider your guests before choosing a date.
Planning Ideas for your Weekend Wedding
If you’re inviting friends and family to celebrate your wedding over an entire weekend, it would be great if you had lots of fun activities pre-planned to keep your guests entertained.
Your weekend-long wedding could follow the following format:
- Friday night: Rehearsal Dinner
- Saturday morning: Welcome breakfast
- Saturday mid-morning: Activity
- Saturday afternoon: Wedding ceremony, banquet and reception
- Sunday morning: Brunch, activity and departure
The night before your wedding, a rehearsal dinner is a great way to break the ice. Your guests will get to meet one another and it will be a great way for both families to be formally introduced if they've not yet met.
Things to Do
If your chosen wedding venue is near a town or is located deep within the Berkshire countryside, there may be several activities for your guests to do, when they’re not at one of your scheduled events. Consider planning a country walk, a trip to a town or an event where you can all meet up in a local pub to continue the celebrations. Or, if you're planning a summer celebration, does your chosen wedding venue offer a swimming pool, tennis courts or grounds that you could potentially use for garden games?
After your actual wedding day, consider having a brunch, BBQ or a relaxed luncheon as a way to say thank you and goodbye to everyone.
If you’re hiring a wedding venue for a whole weekend then we know that you’re in for an incredible experience. However, we do advise that you consider thinking about the following before you make any further decisions.
- Insure your day: Buy wedding insurance before you start spending money on your weekend wedding.
- Send Save the Date Cards: Inform your friends and family about your huge wedding celebration well in advance.
- Think about Accommodation: If your chosen Berkshire wedding venue doesn’t have bedrooms to accommodate your entire wedding party, be sure to share a list of local hotels for them to consider, so that everyone can stay close by.
- Discuss your Food Requirements: If you’re hiring a wedding venue for a whole weekend then you’ll need to think about how you’re going to feed your wedding guests aside from your wedding day banquet. Be sure to discuss every food-related arrangement with your wedding venue's catering team well in advance.