Spring is a time for new beginnings, so what better time of year to get married than during the spring months?
Choosing to Get Married in the Spring
With the birds singing, the flowers starting to bloom and the winter fading away, spring truly is a beautiful time to host a wedding.
Spring is the end of what always seems like a very long and cold winter and best of all, spring brings with it the most beautiful flowers from all year round. Pale pinks and warm yellows; you’ll will be spoilt for choice when discussing options with your florist.
A perk of this stunning season is the fact that you’ll be able to wear whatever wedding dress you like. Whether it’s a strapless gown, a silhouette with cap sleeves or a full ball gown, you’ll be able to choose from a variety of styles, without having to think about a cover-up. Plus, when it comes to dressing your bridesmaids, they’ll also have a great choice of design, and colour to choose from!
When it comes to your wedding photography, getting married in the spring is ideal as you’ll be able to benefit from the best of both worlds. A combination of indoor and outdoor wedding photography will create great memories for your wedding album in years to come.
Another benefit of having a spring wedding is that there are quite a few bank holidays that take place over a couple of months. Depending on when Easter falls, you’ll have two bank holidays around there, plus bank holidays in May too. Consider throwing a weekend wedding celebration, or take advantage of the bank holidays and get married on a Thursday or Friday. With warmer weather and lighter evenings, you may be able to host your post-wedding drinks reception in the gardens or grounds of your chosen wedding venue. If you’re getting married in a church then you could even consider driving back to the venue in an open top car, or on a horse and carriage if its not too far!
Between the warm breeze, longer days, beautiful pastels and endless inspiration for those little touches, we firmly believe that spring is the perfect time of year to get married.
Spring Wedding Colour Scheme Combinations
When people think of spring they tend to think of pastel colours, but nowadays rather than focusing on one single colour scheme for a wedding, consider choosing a combination of a couple of different shades. Below are our ten favourite colour combinations for a spring wedding.
- Gold and mint
- Peach and cream
- Baby pink and cayenne
- Pastel yellow, white and gold
- Pastel orange and dove grey
- Peach and coral
- Lavender and lemon
- Rose gold and ivory
- Sand and placid blue
- Teal and buttercup
Floral Ideas for a Spring Wedding
You’ll have a great choice of wedding flowers when it comes to planning the decorative details for your spring wedding. Peonies will be in season, as will roses, hydrangea and tulips. Below are our top ten ways to feature flowers at your spring wedding.
- Have your bridesmaids carry bouquets of white hydrangea to compliment your white wedding dress.
- Have tall vases lining your aisle with stemmed bouquets resting on the top
- If you’re having long reception tables, have them lined with small votives and vases full of ivory and green blooms
- Depending on the entrance to your venue, it might be nice to decorate the front door with an arch of flowers or a heard wreath
- If you’re choosing a simple white wedding cake, your florist might be able to design a cascade of flowers to feature down the side
- Small flowers in jars, hanging on the edges of the chairs in your wedding ceremony, lining the aisle, could be great for a vintage spring wedding
Celebrity Couples Who Got Married in the Spring
- John Lennon and Yoko Ono: 19th March
- Michael Buble and Luisana Lopilato: 2nd April
- Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z: 4th April
- Prince William and Kate Middleton: 29th April
- Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier: 19th April
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson: 30th April
- Elvis Presley and Priscilla Beaulieu: 1st May
- Keira Knightley and James Righton: 4th May
- Jenna Bush and Henry Hager: 10th May
- Mark Zuckerberg and Pricilla Chan: 19th May
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick: 19th May
- Jessica Alba and Cash Warren: 19th May
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West: 21st May