Tips on choosing the ultimate Hampshire wedding venue for your celebration
Congratulations on your engagement! If you’re looking for wedding venues in Hampshire then you’ve come to the right place. At Bijou Weddings we’re not only experts at hosting luxurious wedding celebrations, but we're lucky to have over 15 years worth of experience when it comes to helping couples plan the perfect day. This article has been designed to help you choose the ultimate wedding venue in Hampshire, based on your dream day requirements.
The Location of your Hampshire Wedding Venue
You may not think that choosing a wedding venue due to its location is an important factor in the grand scheme of things, but on the day of your wedding, you’ll realise how important location really is. When browsing through lists of Hampshire wedding venues, be sure to mark out on a map the radius of where you’d consider travelling furthest to.
If you plan on having a church wedding, you may want to consider choosing a wedding venue that isn’t too far away from the church, so that guests don’t have any issues moving between venues. If you prefer the idea of a civil wedding ceremony then you must ensure that the wedding venues that you’re looking at in Hampshire hold an appropriate license.
Think outside the box when it comes to the location of your Hampshire wedding venue:
- Will it be easy for you to get to on the morning of your wedding?
- Will your wedding suppliers, such as a wedding cake designer or florist be able to deliver easily to the venue?
- Will your wedding guests be able to get to the wedding venue with ease?
- Will the wedding venue be suitable, depending on the time of year you’re getting married?
- Does the wedding venue have plenty of parking, for guests who plan on driving?
- Are you planning an outdoor wedding in Hampshire? If yes, make sure your venue allows it.
- Is the wedding venue close enough to visit ahead of your wedding, if necessary? For example, your wedding photographer might want to visit the venue with you to get a feel of the surroundings ahead of your big day.
Types of Wedding Venues in Hampshire
Hampshire is a truly stunning county boasting natural beauty and country side throughout. Luckily, there are several different types of wedding venues to choose from across the county. We’ve listed a variety below…
- Barn wedding venue
- Country house wedding venue
- Castle wedding venue
- Outdoor wedding venue
- Luxury wedding venue
- Unique wedding venue
- Mansion wedding venue
- Stately home wedding venue
When to Book your Wedding Venue in Hampshire?
Ultimately, the date at which you set your wedding is up to you as a couple, but, if you’re looking to book a popular Hampshire wedding venue, then it’s worth doing your research early. You won’t be the only couple looking for a wedding venue in Hampshire, so the sooner your start your search, the better.
Before you start visiting wedding venues, be sure to think about the following:
- Wedding budget
- Wedding guest list numbers
- Time of year that you’d like to get married
- How much you may have to pay for a deposit
- Flexibility on wedding dates
Things to do in Hampshire for your International Wedding Guests
If you’ve invited a handful of wedding guests over to the UK to celebrate your wedding day in Hampshire, then it might be nice to do some research and give them some tourist trip ideas to keep them occupied before and after your wedding. Below are some of our favourite suggestions:
- Day trip to Marwell Zoo
- Outlet shopping at Gunwharf Quays
- Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
- Go up the Spinnaker Tower
- Visit the Bombay Sapphire Distillery
- Visit Jane Austen’s House
- Trip to the Solent Sky Museum
- Visit Winchester Science Centre and Planetarium
We wish you the very best of luck when it comes to finding your dream wedding venue in Hampshire.