A guide on how to choose the perfect wedding venue regardless of your home location
There’s no rule to say that you have to get married close to your home or in the town you grew up in. With so many beautiful wedding venues spread across the UK, you truly can get married wherever you like! This article focuses on finding the best wedding venues in Hertfordshire.
Located North of London, Hertfordshire is a central location in the UK and can be accessed from wherever you live. Hertfordshire is full of interesting and historic places to visit and is home to four big towns, including St. Albans, Watford, Stevenage and Hemel Hempstead.
The Benefits of Getting Married in and Around Hertfordshire
There are numerous benefits for choosing Hertfordshire as a location for your wedding celebration.
- Multitude of Hertfordshire wedding venues to choose from
- Great local transport links and airports for guests travelling in from overseas
- Wonderful countryside to enjoy
- Big towns and cities to explore pre and post-wedding
- Numerous register offices to contact
Ways to Transport your Wedding Guests from Hertfordshire to your Chosen Wedding Venue
Some couples may choose to get married at their local church in Hertfordshire and then travel on to a wedding venue in a different county. If you do decide to opt for this style of wedding then we suggest hiring a mode of transport in order to get your guests from one location to the next with ease. Don’t forget to give your wedding guests written instruction on how to get to the wedding venue, even if you are providing transport. You’ll always get guests who want to travel via their own means of transportation.
- Hire a coach
- Book a London Bus*
- Order a fleet of limousines
- Hire numerous Volkswagen Camper vans
Top Tip: If you’re offering to transport your guests from the church to the wedding venue, then it might nice to offer the transport back to your starting point at the end of the night too.
*Check that your wedding venue allows for the height of a London bus
Things to Consider when Browsing Hertfordshire Wedding Venues
There are so many different types of wedding venues to consider when you start your search. As a couple you should decide what is important to you both; whether it be a wedding venue with bedrooms, a location with incredible photographic opportunities or a wedding venue offering complete privacy.
A List of Questions to Take Along to your Hertfordshire Wedding Venue Viewings
Shopping for your wedding venue is an exciting experience, but so that you’re fully prepared, we’ve listed a handful of questions for you to take along to your venue viewings…
- Could there be another wedding on the same day as us?
- What time are we allowed in to the venue on the day of the wedding?
- Are we allowed to coming in to the wedding venue the day before to decorate?
- If there are bedrooms, are we allowed to use them all? Is there a charge?
- How does the catering side of things work?
- Would we be able to have full use of the grounds?
- How much deposit do we need to pay if we want to make a booking?
- Will you put us in touch with a wedding planner?
Types of Wedding Venues in and Around the Hertfordshire County
No two wedding venues are the same, so if you’re on the hunt for the ultimate wedding venue in Hertforshire or the surrounding counties, consider looking out for the following:
- Country house wedding venues
- Luxury barn wedding venues
- Stately home wedding venues
- Historic wedding venues
- Hotel wedding venues
- Country club wedding venues